Sep 21 2009

What To Wear To a Blues Festival

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 1:45 pm

As I mentioned I went to Blues & Chili Fest in Gastown yesterday. What fun, and the chili from Social was my favorite so I voted for them. There were some old school blues performers, up and comers and lots of dancing in the crowd. There was also a Farmers Market set up where I debated a delicious looking and heavy $20 pie but settled on butter tarts instead. There were also many stylish people I captured for The Eyeline who will be up soon. This is what I wore, I thought since it’s bluesy I would go with black and red to convey that dark, mysterious look while still keeping my style in it.

Do you like to theme dress for events?

Cherries Dress & Red Stretch Belt, Ebay. Red Cardigan, Gift from Anabela. Vintage Boots.

7 Responses to “What To Wear To a Blues Festival”

1. Wanderlusting says:

I TOTALLY theme dress for everything! I love the red cardigan, that’s something I need dearly!

I love this outfit. It looks totally perfect for a blues fest, totally.
    And of course I like to dress up for events, but I feel a theme might be the wrong word. When I think theme I think cowboy boots, hat, and shirt for a hoe-down or a mod mini dress for 60’s party. I like to dress for the moods, for sure, which aren’t quite so obvious.

3. WendyB says:

That sweater is a great shade of red.

4. Bug says:

I love that outfit! Ive been wanting to go to a blues fest all summer – good times!

5. erindyan says:

Cute look.

I don’t know, when you say “theme” I think of like costume parties, but where I am going, who will be there and what I will be doing all have a huge influence over what I wear!~

6. renr says:

I love the beautiful mix of reds and blacks in your outfit! And the belt is so interesting I’d love to get a closer look at it XDD

I usually do dress for the occasion, it’s what makes the event more exciting. My group of uni friends also have themes when we meet up in town to challenge ourselves XDD

7. wardrobe experience says:

I love everything in this outfit. Beautiful!!!!
    Didn’t you go thrift/vintage shopping while you spent some days in NY?!
    Do you know some nice shopping places to go?!

xx