Sep 14 2009

Give What You Love Before You Get It Back

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 7:00 pm

I really liked wearing this outfit, so much so that I would almost wear it again.  Almost but no – I’ve never repeated an outfit since I was 13, it may be weird but it’s part of what makes me me.  I’ve been so busy working on The Eyeline and really enjoying it.  I could chase after stylish people with my camera all day long (and I do).

What projects have you been working on?

Thrifted Dotted Blouse. Garage Grey Tank. Bluenotes Purple Eyelet Skirt. Bangles Various. Jeffrey Campbell Booties.

16 Responses to “Give What You Love Before You Get It Back”

1. Diana says:

i am the complete opposite- i will wear an outfit to it’s death, i’ve been known to wear the same thing (laundered, of course) for weeks at a time. i’m also known to do that with a song, a meal and a movie. i know, it’s weird!

2. Nadine says:

She has no blog.

3. elle s'ennuie says:

Wow, never repeated an outfit! I am more like Diana above; when I find an outfit that feels comfortable and “right”, I will wear it over and over again.

4. beckyxoxo says:

that outfit is lovely 🙂

5. Urooba says:

CUTE BOOTIES! AND BRACELETS!

(I am informing you of this, while I really should be doing biology homework, ick.)

6. Amelia says:

Wow, you haven’t repeated outfits at all? That’s really impressive. I don’t like to repeat, but I actually pretty much always wear the same few outfits on Saturdays. That’s my main lazy day for practical reasons.

7. Kelly says:

Wowsers, so do you just wear the elements you really love with other pieces and never duplicate the EXACT same outfit? I’m in awe.

8. Eline says:

I tend to repeat outfits though but never with someone who has already seen it (I don’t know how I keep track but I do XD). I repeat them only when I am ininspired, really love it but mostly when I’ve a particularly bad morning temper and haven’t decided the night before of what to wear.

LOVE the polka dotted blouse! So cute 😀

Your other blog is going splendidly! My project: writing and illustrating cat story. Taking soooo longgggg.

9. 39th & Broadway says:

Never? Damn, what it must be like to have closet space like that! Ah a New Yorker can only dream.

Missed you at the IFB party, your pics went up and looked great!

10. Michele says:

Yes, you must have an extensive closet (plus your storage cache, of course). The hard part, to me anyway, would be keeping track of the outfits AND being able to refer to that info to not repeat an outfit. In 15 years that would be 5,475 outfits, if you count everyday. Sheesh! Oh, I forgot any leap years during that hypothetical time period. My sun hat is off to you!

“My projects?” Nothin’ earth shattering. Domestic goddess stuff (canning & drying the summer harvest) and getting ready for the rainy winter. Also playing outside as much as possible for the same reason.

11. WendyB says:

I can’t believe you don’t repeat outfits! Wow….I’m impressed. I repeat things ALL the time. I’m not too creative.

12. eyeliah says:

Well, for yoga, biking, grocery shopping (early morning sunday) and camping yes I have repeated outfits, but I don’t really count those as outfits. Closet isn’t that big (anymore) 3 years back I used to have a to die for closet (spare bedroom was my closet!). Now since I get most items from thrift stores and clothing swaps I can rotate items out of my midsize closet. One big reason why I started this blog was to motivate myself to be as creative as possible with my wardrobe and continue to not repeat. 🙂

13. Diana says:

This outfit is beautiful. That’s amazing that you’ve never repeated an outfit since you were thirteen!

What projects? Does job hunting count? It is so depressing. I have also been working my way through some biographies: Marie Antoinette and Georgiana The Duchess of Devonshire. Also depressing.
    I dig those boots.

15. SayItFashionista says:

When you say you never repeat an outfit I guess you mean that switching shoes or swapping one blue tee for another changes the outfit? I couldn’t help but remember these outfits and their being nearly identical:
    There isn’t anything wrong with repeating outfits especially if you really like the combo.

16. Eyeliah says:

SIF: I never said there was anything wrong with repeating outfits, I just don’t do it. Those two outfits are close except one is grey leggings and the other blue, one is a casual top and the other is more dressy but I am glad you are paying such close attention. 🙂