Sep 11 2009

You’re Such a Sweet Distraction

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

Seeing me in these jeans, a photo that is not edited I am pleasantly surprised by my shape.  For three Augusts now I have been the EXACT same weight, but I have more muscle, am more fit and even my measurements are smaller. If you are newer to this blog, you may wonder why I don’t have the latest cage heels or any heels for that matter, it’s because of my knee. It’s funny when I get those comments such as ‘that outfit would look much better with some stilettos’. Don’t I know it but this is not possible for me.  I was the girl in 4 inch stacked heels in high school every day and I think I used up my alloted heel time for life.  The knee injury came from a combination of that and being 25 pounds heavier, okay 30 pounds at some times.  Gosh, this got way to personal today.  It was in fact the knee injury that really changed my life for the better as that’s when I implemented a lifestyle change, I eat healthfully most of the time, do yoga three times a week and my persistent knee injury?  It’s almost under control.  I promised myself the day it is 100% better I am backpacking around Europe, that is my daily motivation.

What motivates you to be healthy?

Thrifted Bongo Jeans, Pink Knit Sweater, Beige Belt and Loafers. Purple Lace Cami, Free from Swap.

18 Responses to “You’re Such a Sweet Distraction”

1. rain says:

You look great in jeans, Eyeliah~!

what motivates me to stay healthy? Nothing, I guess I am too lazy…

x

2. rain says:

You look great in jeans, Eyeliah~!

what motivates me to stay healthy? Nothing, I guess I am too lazy…

x

3. Angel says:

It’s corny but the way my boyfriend looks at me… and on a shallow note being able to buy some of the smaller vintage stuff.

I have to alternate heels with flats because of my dodgy knee so I sympathize!

4. Amelia says:

Congrats on the muscle! You look great. I can totally sympathize with your knee problem. I have a bad foot that I had surgery on more than a year ago that still hasn’t completely healed, so I sadly have a lot of problems with shoes.

5. Michele says:

You look great! Yoga is great for body & mind. Important to get that healthy discipline while you’re young too. And about the clothes: I think pink suits your creamy skin. Very pretty.

Motivation to staying healthy? I just feel better when I get some exercise, sleep and nourishing foods. Plain & simple. I used up my “heel time” in my late 20’s. If I could go back in time I would probably change that to more days of “sensible” shoes. I didn’t learn until it was too late about how they throw off your spine and can cause damage to your feet and back – and all points in between!

6. Mamushka Marie says:

You look fantastic in jeans. I myself rarely wear them anymore, because I’m the opposite and am now 30 pounds heavier than I used to be!…I often get messages and comments about being “plus sized” and or “curvy” and have a hard time embracing those terms for myself. I used to be very fit and active and the sedimentary lifestyle has become my downfall…I look forward to my future move to a more lively location where I can ride my bicycle again! Thanks for your comment by the way, I’ve been on the lookout for your blog and am happy to have found you here!

7. Suzanna says:

I don’t do heels any longer myself, and I, too, have a wobbly knee. Heels are instruments of torture anyway, right up there with the rack and icepicks in eyeballs. Give me a platform anytime, or a nice little flip-flop with a silver metallic thong that runs between my toes.

I think your jeans look swell! I never know your height, so the jeans fit well. This is my standard marker for whether jeans look good on the wearer.

8. The Clothes Horse says:

The jeans look good–and backpacking trip? Awesome goal.
    My mother has diabetes and my sister is a nurse, the two of them eating really healthy makes me feel bad whenever I eat junk food.

9. Caboguy says:

– jeans with boots are a great look – you have some nice boots to wear too!

10. C&G says:

Those jeans are perfect for you! I cannot believe you thrifted those! In all the posts I’ve seen I have never seen you in pants…so funny…you look about 12″ taller in those jeans even without heels!

I have not been motivated much lately…I started working out for about a month, then, between travel, and a bad cold I fell off the wagon. I think NOT being able to fit into some awesome clothes I have is actually a good motivation for me! That, and the fact that as I get older I simply have to realize I can no longer eat anything I want and not gain weight. Damn it – that was fun!

11. elle s'ennuie says:

You do look fit and strong and healthy! And I second Michele, pink really suits you 🙂

I don’t wear heels because I can’t walk in them, and because I walk -a lot-. There are two requirements that my clothes and shoes absolutely -have- to fulfil: they have to be both pretty and comfortable. Anything that is merely pretty inevitably ends up sitting in the closet unworn.

12. Wicked Halo says:

I understand where you’re coming from, I also have to avoid high heels because I have a crooked back (basically when I was in my teens, my back outgrew my body growth, so instead of being normal, it’s S shaped), and by the time doctors found out about it was too late, and fortunately it isn’t so serious as to make it necessary for me to operate it). Anyway, because of that I have to avoid heels and getting too fat, because that extra weight would worsen the issue. Also I tend to walk a lot, it’s pretty much my exercise of choice, and walking in heels just isn’t comfy 🙂

And as someone who travels a lot (being European is cool because you get to have lots of countries near by), backpacking is seriously overrated, nothing beats the comfort of a trolley :DDD and I say this by both my and my friends experience, we tried it once, and call us lazy but we decided regular trolleys were much better both to carry and to arrange your stuff on!

PS – when you do backpack through Europe, I will be seriously mad at you if you don’t come to Portugal :DD

13. Mo says:

I’ve never been a big heel-wearer, myself, and now I certainly don’t want to start! For me they’re an “excessively special occasion” kind of shoe, so I have almost no reason to wear them in my ultra-casual university student life.

As far as health-motivation, I never really had any until awhile ago, when I came back to school and realized none of my favourite fall clothes fit quite the same anymore! Luckily I think I’ll be able to get things under control. Being home for the summer with my parents is always my downfall – my mom just loves Costco, so she buys junk food in bulk! And who can resist! But here I do my own shopping (with no Costco in sight!) and I prevent myself from eating lots of junk food by just not buying it!

A backpacking trip is an awesome goal – so much to see!

14. Danielle says:

LOVE those jeans!!! Gorgeous!!!

15. Wanderlusting says:

Nice to see you in jeans!

Motivation to stay healthy – honestly, it’s to “feel” as hot as people say I am! I just don’t feel it or see so I feel like a fraud at this weight. That aside though, I just really need to work on feeling ALIVE. I have been walking through a dream this year, something is terribly wrong with me and I can’t find the cause.

I did however quit drinking for a month or so and I am hoping that will help. I’ve already lost 4 pounds from cutting out the booze and am taking this opportunity to really get healthy, at least with my diet. Excercise right now seems really hard :S

PS Oh man, totally hear you about the heels! I love the look but I feel so helpless in stilettos…not to mention I can’t actually walk in them lol

16. Wanderlusting says:

PS as someone who has backpacked – solo – for the last ten years (on and off) I can tell you it is NOT overrated!

17. Charlie says:

Thanks for sharing your story. Must have been hard but good to see your happier now!
    I think I need more motivation to be healthy, I haven’t hit the point where I really need to do something about it, so I don’t but I should always be striving for it. Hope you reach your backpacking dream!

18. Cindee says:

love the pink and purple together. it looks much better than I would assume it would in my head, nah mean? very nice!