Aug 29 2009

I Give To You What I am Able

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:45 am

My best friend Jenn is arriving in the next hour for a four day visit – woohoo!! We haven’t spent this much time together in ages.  I have prepared posts ahead of time and forgive me that I may not comment and reply to comments until our lovely giggly visit is over.  We have been besties for over half our lives now, she is my only old friend and I love her dearly.  She is the one person who may know me better than my husband and the one person I worry about more than him.

Tell me about your bestie?

Thrifted Sheer Blouse, $1, Stretch Black and Brown Belt, Santana Jeans and Orange Oversized Purse. Green Flower Bangle, Gift. Vintage Boots.

Grey clouds being pushed away by blue sky, there is noting better.

7 Responses to “I Give To You What I am Able”

1. Michele says:

Like the outfit – esp. cool belt buckle. Have fun with your girlfriend! Well, I have 2 “best friends”. We three shared a room at summer camp in 1976. We have gone in different directions in many ways – living in different parts of the country, and believing different ideologies/politics/spiritual beliefs; but we have remained friends. Critical to this is that we (1) relish our friendship and past connection; (2) respect each other and our differences; (3) realize it’s healthy to get a dose (once in awhile!) of the “other side” if you will. We love each other, we challenge each other, but we retain respect for each other. And, sometimes, we just “don’t go there”. It allows us to become the giggly teenagers we once were, talk about less serious issues, and just have fun!

2. Jason A says:

My Bestie is a girl I have known for the last 16 years as of last weekend. We have always stayed in touch and lead our different lives over the course of time. Recently we both found ourselves single and we decided to give dating a try. Going extremely well now since she move back to Canada from Virginia Beach.

3. Mo says:

I love that semisheer top! Super cute and summery! It’s been so chilly the last few days I’ve forgotten it’s summer.

My bestie I’ve known since 4th grade! She lives just down the street from my parents’ house, so I see her all the time in the summer and at holidays when I’m staying with them. We are definitely different people – she is very adventurous and happy-go-lucky, whereas I’m very tightly wound and probably even cynical.
    Case in point: Girls night out with her and another friend on Friday. This guy (club promoter) paid our cover to a club to try and get us to come in, and he bought all three of us all our drinks for the night. He told my bestie we should go back to his place with him after last call.
    Me: “Uh, Hell to the no. We don’t know this guy!”
    Her: “YEAH LET’S GO! I WANT TO PARTY!”
    Being the mom type that I am, I ended up going with her so she wasn’t there by herself. It ended up being the best decision ever! He ended up living only a few blocks from our street and he had a really cute dog. So we got there, we played with his puppy for an hour or so, and then he gave us money to take a cab home. She decides “Hey, it’s nice out – we can walk home from here,split the cash, and then we’ve each made an 8$ profit on our night out, since we didn’t pay our own cover or buy any drinks.”

This is why she’s my bestie! Ha ha! Hope you have a great time with yours!

4. C.Elizabeth says:

Just discovered your blog! Very nice. =)

I like this top you’re wearing.

So nice that your friend is visiting you!

C.Elizabeth

5. Andrea says:

You look great!
    I love that semitsheer top! Super cute and summery!

6. Eline says:

My best friend knows me better than I know myself which is creepy… She’s also super talented with making clothes! 😀 Though she’s too insecure right now I’m hoping I can convince her to open up a shop or something! Her talent is too fab to waste…

I love your blouse! 😀

I like those boots, wish I could see more of them in this shot.
    My best friend, Kate, and I have been such since the first grade. We lived just a block away from each other in a darling little neighborhood. To get to each other’s houses we would use the “shortcut” a gap in my back door neighbors hedge. In the third grade she and her parents toured Europe and in the 4th grade they lived in England. This became common. She was constantly traveling so our friendship has really survived on our letter writing abilities. In recent years (going away to college and Kate spending her third year in France) it has been e-mails and long distance calls. I’m not sure what our friendship would be like if we saw each other regularly…