Aug 23 2009

Days of White Robes Have Come and Gone

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 1:00 pm

A while back I featured this dress in Etsy Wishes, the seller recently dropped the price to $15 and I could no longer resist it.  This outfit is from Friday when I wasn’t feeling so hot, the dress arrived the day before and everything came together quickly.  Usually I am the slowest at wearing new clothes, taking my time to figure it out, how it fits in with my other pieces and to pick the best combination for it’s first wear.  Prime example is the lace vest I wore last Sunday, I got it two months ago.

How long do you usually take to wear a new item?

Red Dress, TheAuroraVintage, $20 total. Vianni Pewter Flats. Studded Belt, Ebay. Thrifted Santana Jeans.

9 Responses to “Days of White Robes Have Come and Gone”

1. kater says:

I am the same way about new things! Sometimes, if I’ve already mulled the purchase over, I know what I want to wear it with right away but even then the weather has to be just right and I can’t just wear it to go to work! Haha!

I love this look, it’s so effortless!

2. The Clothes Horse says:

Cool belt! I wear new things immediately. Why wait?

3. Franca says:

I try to wear stuff as quickly as possible, but often that doesn’t happen.
    Like the blouse I’m wearing in my most recent post – two months ago I
    bought it, and i still have a dress from the same order i haven’t even
    worn yet – although I will next week.

p.s. sorry about the random formatting, it was the only way i could see
    the comment I was writing (otherwise the writing went over the edge into
    infinity.

4. Shay says:

Love the loose fit of the dress, it looks so soft!

5. Michele says:

One of my favorite combos is red & black. (Actually black and most anything!) I like the silver flats with the silver belt studs esp. Nice subtle detail.

I usually recognise a “miss” purchase if I haven’t worn it within a week of purchase. Rarely, though, I store an unworn gem away for months, sometimes even years, and it later becomes a favourite.

Great belt, btw! And the new (new for me anyway, because I haven’t stopped by in a while – moving and all that, but I will be back a lot more often from now on) format of the site looks really modern and cool.

7. Kat says:

Great belt! Nice blog.

8. Hannele says:

Very cool ensemble! Everything ties in together perfectly, and that color suits you beautifully!

It depends… sometimes I get things off season, like sweaters, dresses, coats, so I’ll wait until the weather permits. Otherwise and commonly, I’ll wear it right away! I am really impatient and usually wear it in ways I regret, later imagining better ways to wear it.

9. Eyeliah says:

Interesting thoughts ladies, I wish I could be more like that Clothes Horse!!