Aug 10 2009

Would You Go Along With Someone Like Me?

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 10:00 am

Hello!! I missed you guys while I was gone but had such a great time camping. There was a campfire ban in effect so that was a whole new experience. We cooked everything on our weber grill and had to wear extra layers in the evenings to keep warm. The plus side was no tending to a fire all day, no itchy smoke filled eyes and my clothes and hair and sheets don’t reek of campfire. I wouldn’t mind camping this way again in the future. It was fun to hang out in the dark, adjust our eyes to night light and really see the stars in the sky. The lake was beautiful and I spent every morning down there solo, as I tend to get up earlier than everyone else. And spent the afternoons there with my party as well. Then getting home yesterday, order some quick Chinese and go see Peter, Bjorn and John at the Commodore – more on that to come later (we got into the first row!). A lovely weekend indeed, I am recharged. :=) Actually, I am pretty exhausted, but also recharged, lol.

This awesome skirt was brought back from storage. It was another bad ebay experience which turned me off wearing it for a few years, luckily I barely remember how rude and awful they were now and am free to enjoy the skirt.

Vintage Skirt, Ebay $30. Thrifted Black Lace Cami & Silver Earrings. Black & Gold Vianni Flats.

8 Responses to “Would You Go Along With Someone Like Me?”

1. elaine says:

That is a great skirt!! I love the detail at the waist. I thought that was a separate belt!!

2. Wanderlusting says:

Lovely photos – where was this? Lovely skirt too, love the detail at the waistband. Glad you are recharged. I’m going camping this weekend and BOY am I needing it.

3. Leproust says:

I just tried to post, but I am note sure what happened!

Camping and Peter, Bjorn and John all in one weekend?! Amazing! The heavily embellished skirt is beautiful!

4. Mo says:

The comments system hates me! If this goes through, I’m going to dance around!

That skirt is so gorgeous! Camping sounds beautiful, it’s always great to get away! Despite the fire ban, I’m glad you had a good time! It’s been raining 90% of the time here – we had a wicked storm Sunday night, the power was out, and you could just see everyone in the neighbourhood gathered by flashlight at the windows, watching the storm roll through. It was oddly nostalgic!

5. Mo says:

Oh my GOD! Gasp! It allowed me to leave a comment!?

6. elle s'ennuie says:

Amazing scenery. Must be breathtaking to be there 🙂

7. Caboguy says:

I really like the bottom picture … almost eerie…the long shot of the lake with the clouds/fog hanging low & the boat pulled up on the shore – very cool shading & typical of a BC lake…nice shot!!

8. Michele says:

WOW WHAT A SKIRT! I wanted to comment on your lovely camping spot (I LOVE camping – smoke and all!) But then I saw THE SKIRT. That is the most lovely skirt in the world. I too thought it was a separate belt. Love the pattern, the waist (detail and V) and pockets too. Ooh, and black. I love, love black. Very, very nice! (Now – let’s see if I can leave this comment. Usually it responds with something like “No posts match your query.” after I submit my comment. Huh? Then I try again and it goes through. Here goes nothing. . .)

Well, it didn’t go through – got the “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.” message. Here I go again! Will probably go through this time.