Jul 16 2009

Officially I am a Beach Bum

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 2:30 pm

Today is gorgeously hot, typical that happens as soon as my holidays are over.  I am planning on being at the beach the next three days to make up lost time.  I put on 45 sunblock for my fair skin, grab my blanket, a book, water bottle and out I go.  I cannot help loving the beach, the sun, the smells, the Vancouver people.  It is my favorite place to be in the summer months.

It’s funny, when I go out to read I tend to lay on my stomach to counteract for all those days I am out in the sun and seem to tan my front.   Well…. since I have been out so much reading this season I have a very tanned (even with 45 sunblock!) back and a white front – lol.  It is time to rethink this strategy.

What is your favorite thing to do in summer?

_____
I am wearing this outfit right now. 🙂 Bitten Dress and Inukshuk Earrings, Gifts. Purple Tee, Smart Set. Thrifted Green Bag. Mustard Sandals, Free from Swap.

9 Responses to “Officially I am a Beach Bum”

1. Charlie says:

you taunt me with your posts about summer 🙁 it’s still freezing cold out here. I love the beach too in summer, or just lying in my garden and reading a book. And picnics, I miss picnics!

2. Diana says:

Love the dress! Even though I live in Florida, I only end up getting to the beach for a few days every summer. I do love it when I get to go.

I really like those sandals.
    My favorite thing to do in the summer is go to my family’s lake cabin. And read. Long walks in the twilight of evening. And ice cream.

4. alison says:

What a sweet dress. I almost never go to the beach (bad Vancouverite, I know), but I love to get out of town and read in the sun and eat fresh vegetables.

5. Eline says:

Argh what a super cute dress! Do want!

Actually, a sun block just protects you from the evil sunrays but the others will still get through so you’ll still tan. Apparently? That’s what my friend told me recently anyway. Sigh, I wish there was some sun block that’d still keep me white because I love reading by water as much as you! Yet, I tan easily but I prefer a white skin 🙁

6. Hannele says:

Very sweet looking outfit, eyeliah!
    oh and funny about the tan back 🙂 similarly, no matter how much sunscreen I put on, I still get very freckly! oh well. I think you need a beach chair, your back will be lifted and you’ll be in a perfect position to read and even out the skin on at the front. But don’t forget to reapply the sunscreen!

My favorite thing to do in Summer… going to the beach all the way! I’m definitely with you on this one. Also, walk and ride the bicycle everywhere 🙂

7. Missa says:

What a sweet print on your dress and how nice to be so close to the beach! I just love being able to walk around barefoot in the summer 🙂

8. Michele says:

Reading the above comments about summer activities I was thinking “ooh, yes, I like to do that too”. But my first thought was getting out in the garden again. I’ve been trying to get some sun on my pale legs lately but my stomach which is a flatter target is getting really brown instead! Oh well!

9. denise says:

i love that printed dress. very summer.