Jul 13 2009

Beth Ditto Plus Size Collection for Evans

Category: MediaEyeliah @ 6:00 pm

You know a plus size line is good when we wish the items were available in smaller sizes too.  Maybe they are, the model sure doesn’t look plus sized.   The collection feels a bit 80s glam, Miu Miu inspired and lots of black and white .  Photos found on Nitrolicious.  Check out www.bethdittoatevans.co.uk for more on the collection.   What are your thoughts?

11 Responses to “Beth Ditto Plus Size Collection for Evans”

1. Carla says:

The model (in the four photos below the main photo) does not look plus sized! What is she, like a size US 8??

Back on topic: I definitely like the two dresses!

I just love that last dress. It plays with curves so well.

3. melissa says:

I saw this line this morning and my first thought was why would you advertise a plus size line with a skinny model?
    It is super cute though

4. Mo says:

I actually saw this in an Evans store in Brighton on Sunday! I tried on a few things, but they were just a hair too big – some of the items it might have been alright, but I really wanted the blue jumpsuit and I looked to be swimming in it! The strapless dress too – could have almost fit, if only I had bigger boobs to hold the top up!
    I’m surprised they aren’t producing the line in a full range of sizes! Especially as the model in the posters doesn’t look plus-sized.

5. Franca says:

I had only seen these clothes modelled on Beth Ditto before, not the model. I agree, she doesn’t look plus size at all. Evans sizes start at (UK) 16 I think, and I guess if you’re very tall (as I imagine the model is), 16 is not that big at all.

I must admit i’m a little weary of this though. Evans is pretty much the only plus size shop in the UK, and as such has a captive market, so clothes tend to be overpriced for what I they are (so I’m told). I hope this collection is different and the clothes are good quality as well as good looking.

6. Wanderlusting says:

Not really a fan of the clothes but yeah, DITTO is plus-sized…the others look like my size!

7. Lauren says:

Actually, I find it refreshing that they’re not offered in smaller sizes. After all, how many lines are not offered in plus sizes in additional to the traditional smaller ones?

8. IdStyle says:

I am sincerely loving this collection, it is really great that there are plus collections that are completely covetable! If the models are any indication of the sizes availablem then perhaps I think I am in luck for finding my size!

9. dreamsequins says:

Man, I love Beth Ditto like crazy. But the others are right– the model does not look plus-sized to me…

Well, the clothes look good to me; I’d consider the blue glittery minidress and the dice (or plug?)-print leggings for sure. My attention shifts elsewhere though (the model), just like everyone else’s… It makes me sad that the model they used IS actually “plus-sized” in today’s industry.

11. Wicked Halo says:

I have to say I find it rather hipocrit that they use a skinny model to wear a plus size collection..Beth is usually so outspoken and in your face, I don’t understand how she let this pass!!!

That said I totally love the b&w leather pumps from her collection!