Jul 02 2009

Mix and Match Polka Dots for a Fun Retro Vibe

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 3:45 pm

I’m still not getting enough of polka dots, today doubling and adding a beaded necklace it feels like triple dots.  This was my first real attempt at having a good searchable title.  Song lyrics have always been my favorite, so I am not sure if I am willing to switch over for the sake of having a few more people stop by the blog….. we shall see.

Do you name your titles specifically to build traffic?

_____
Winners Pink Polka Dot Tee, DIY Neckline. Suzy Shier Polka Dot Skirt. Vianni Pewter Flats. Thrifted Bow Purse and Black Beads.

8 Responses to “Mix and Match Polka Dots for a Fun Retro Vibe”

1. Nadine says:

It’s really a nice idea to match different kinds of polkadots :).

2. Audi says:

I love this look; it looks put together but also comfortable and relaxed. I never thought about the blog titles as a way to build traffic — I usually just grab a phrase out of the text after I’ve written the post, since I’m generally at a loss for what to call it.

3. Yukino says:

You wear polka dots wonderfully. I always steer clear of them, I don’t think they become me.

As for post titles, I’ve been trying to use keywords in them, but usually I fail. I’m used to completely random, seemingly unrelated titles.

4. Diana says:

I like the polka dot pattern mixing. I think it works really well since one of the designs is a bit more subtle.

5. Michele says:

This outfit is really cute. I wouldn’t have thought the 2 polka dot pieces would work so well together, but they really do! And the necklace really does repeat the dot theme so well. I think this might be one of my favorite outfits of yours (I’m the “matchy-matchy” type and this really works for me).

I post some of my 100% thrifted outfit pics on flickr and my titles develop for a variety of reasons (a song lyric in my head, or a thought that came to me about the outfit or the day). I’m not thinking about “traffic” or being in a popularity contest. But I can understand with a blog that wants ads and sponsors for items to give away, traffic IS important.

6. natalie says:

I love it!

7. elena says:

LOVE this one!!

8. The Seeker says:

I love to mix polka dots, but I think I should have more colourful one, because I only have black and white ones.
    This outfit is really great, as many of yours that I saw on a quick look.

Keep in touch, if you feel like it.

xoxo