Jun 26 2009

Why Can’t You Be Blue

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

Great response so far to the Make Up Less post, thanks guys – can’t wait to see yours.  Anyone who does a post, send me the link I will be sure to include you in a collection on my blog by mid July. 🙂

To the outfit, yes my little floral skirt is peeking out below.  I just can’t get enough of it.  I considered getting another one similar, but it wouldn’t really serve any new purpose.  It’s one of the aspects of my selection process before purchasing a new item…. conversation with myself “Do I already have something like this in my closet?”  “Then why buy another”.  In my teen years especially I seemed to have 8 pairs of black pants, many similar stacked heels and copycat handbags.  Now I am learning that there is no point to accumulate multiples like this as it’s a waste of my money and space.  Admittedly I do still have too many cute a line skirts… but they are all different colors or patterns.

What do you have too many of in your closet?

_____
Winners Navy Dress. Peace Necklace, Etsy. Chain, DIY.  Floral Skirt, Ebay. Vianni Pewter Flats. Thrifted Patchwork Bag.

15 Responses to “Why Can’t You Be Blue”

1. deka says:

i have too many blazers, jeans, and plain jersey tees.

2. Diana says:

I love how your floral skirt peeks out! I’ve actually been working really hard to eliminate repeats as much as possible in my closet. The only thing I’m really repeating too much now are black shoes – but I’ve been working to remedy that by focusing on buying non-black shoes for several months now 🙂

3. Wanderlusting says:

TOO.MANY.DRESSES….and shoes, I think. Maybe not. Oh and too many tops. srsly.

HEY I found a post of me that I had no makeup in…I remember doing it too and thinking I looked mega tired, the only thing I have done is I coloured in my brows…that’s it :

4. yuka says:

i have too many shoes.. but really, who can have too many shoes, right? lol thats what i have to say to myself to justify every new shoe purchase. haha

I have been trying to break my cable knit addiction. Almost every sweater I have is cable knit. I just bought a new cable knit cardigan. Apparently I’m not doing so well.
    You look really lovely, by the way.

6. Michi says:

Love how the floral is almost like a trim. Great styling. I have too many skirts and handbags. I can’t possibly wear or use all of them, and often end up forgetting about many of them.

Btw, love the makeup-less photos! You look amazing! Seriously, there’s no need to wear makeup and bury that beautiful skin.

7. Michi says:

Oh, another thing that I have too much of: CRAFTY THINGS! Beads, yarn, cloth…too many project ideas in my head and not enough time to do all of them. (I store craft things in my closet). =D

8. Amelia says:

I love the floral peeking out, too! I don’t really have too much of any one thing, but I do have an awful lot of dark clothes in my closet. I need more colors!

9. Danielle says:

I LOVE the peeking of the skirt!!! 🙂

10. Nadine says:

Nice layering :)… you wear the floral skirt really really well.

11. rain says:

Hi Eyeliah!

Nice dress & layering with the floral skirt! Looks gorgeous!

And I don’t have too many of one item in my closet! I need more stuff, hahaha 🙂

x

12. jess says:

Great necklace!!

oh and yes, I posted some days ago that I got it and THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I wore the temporary tattoo for a week or so, hehe, thanks again Lady! annd have the postcard on my fridge 🙂

jess s//

13. Charlie says:

Love the little peek of floral out the bottom. I have the same mentality, I try to steer away from buying something if I have something similar already in my wardrobe, I find that I tend to buy a lot of similar cardigans though, end up having to cull a lot though…

14. Michele says:

Like the whole look but esp. the necklace!

Too much of??? Everything! But in the clothes arena probably very dressy items that I don’t wear that often. I’ve done well to paring them down to mostly separates in solids. Lots of black items, some pretty beige linen tops that were my mom’s and several vintage clutches I also inherited. But I still have more of these things than I should be giving closet space to if you know what I mean. But it’s hard to get rid of more timeless pieces.

15. Eyeliah says:

Thanks so much everyone, great lists!