Jun 25 2009

Make Up Less

Category: ProjectsEyeliah @ 11:00 am

I was inspired to take some make up free photos after reading Elle’s rant on The Demoiselles re: the Scarlet Johansen Make Up Less cover of French Elle. In short the controversy is around an online poll asking if Scarlet looks better with or without makeup. Pardon me? She looks gorgeous no matter what!

Click here to see Scarlet makeup free in French Elle and watch Elle of The Demoiselle’s video rant here. Elle also promised (via twitter) to take some makeup less pictures and it would be so thrilling for us if others would like to take part as well. 😉

Posted with love and respect.

26 Responses to “Make Up Less”

1. Elle says:

WOW. You look amazing! Absolutely stunning.

And, true to my word, you will see a couple of makeup-less Demoiselles! 😀 Thanks for this, so, so much!

2. Kyla says:

Wow! You look GORGEOUS with no make up. Your skin, eyes and lips are amazing! I have to admit that I would be pretty hard pressed to go make up less. I’m confident about a lot of things, but my skin is not really one of them. Certainly something to think about, though.

3. Michele says:

I agree, your skin is beautiful and you have those lips that women buy. Frankly, I forget that most women wear makeup as I don’t 99% of the time. I guess I look better with it on but it’s such a pain. I hate rubbing my eye and moving it across my face somewhere!

Our culture has such an obsession with what is perceived as beautiful. If it steps outside the norm then it needs improvement (make-up, surgery, implants, shots of something, diet, etc.) It’s especially true with celebrities. We expect them to roll out of bed drop-dead gorgeous.

We would better serve ourselves to nurture our inner beauty, and embrace the aging process (wrinkles & gray hairs) with open arms. I see many women around me that are really beautiful, despite (or maybe because?) they have laugh lines, a gray streak and hands that show they’ve been busy for years.

4. Franca says:

I will try this, but I’m not promising to post it! You look fantastic without make up!

5. Charlie says:

Gorgeous, you have such lovely skin! I usually only wear makeup when I’m going out at night, and don’t wear it daily – I think most women look gorgeous either way – thanks for posting these photos!

6. marta says:

Since magazines accustomed me to see “beautiful” people, I prefer to keep seeing them with make up and all the glam. You look beautiful make-up free. I don’t think you wear much anyway. Be glad you are a natural beauty.

7. Wanderlusting says:

Jealous! I was just poking and proding my face today, contemplating botox and here you are, all gorgeous…naturally! You do have very nice skin though, that I could already tell.

I didn’t know SJ was makeup free…I thought she looked a bit off in a way but even now, I thinks it’s her horrible hair in that shot! It’s too dark and makes her look washed out but she’s still stunning. Sigh.

8. Wanderlusting says:

PS I could go without makeup (sometimes I do on my blog, I just don’t point it out) but I always ALWAYS have to have concealer for my undereye circles 🙁

That said, tomorrows post I will have a lot of makeup on ( I was going for a Megan Fox thing but I think it aged me horribly!)

9. Nadine says:

Did I tell already told you that I love the shape of your glasses? So great!

10. Yukino says:

You look gorgeous. I love your skin. I must admit I’d never post a make-up-less or photoshop-less picture of me, so I admire those who do. Way to go.

11. Hannele says:

Ageless and beautiful you are 🙂
    There’s always something so pure and innocent about going bare faced.

12. SwanDiamondRose says:

well, you look incredible.

13. dreamsequins says:

Sigh. If only I looked as good as you did sans makeup. People always ask me if I have had enough sleep without. Especially sans concealer! xx

14. thegreedyseagull says:

Your blog is great, just discovered you recently.

Scarlet doesn’t need it at all and neither do you- you have great skin and such pretty eyes!

As much fun as it is to play with makeup, it’s nice to see pretty ladies without it sometimes.

15. Amelia says:

This is a great idea! I’d do it, but I never wear makeup so all my pictures are makeup-less…

16. rain says:

Eyeliah, you look beautiful without make-up. Your skin is so flawless! I wish i looked half as good as you without my make-up.

x

17. Wicked Halo says:

You’re wearing no makeup?? You look absolutely great!!! Do flaunt it, cause you got it :DDD

18. Michele says:

I had my sweet hubby take a close up of me as I always look. Here ya go:

19. elena says:

really really beautiful! a natural beauty yes! wonderful photos and inspiring!

20. Tri says:

Looks like most of your commenters are women. So I’ll speak for the guys – you’re beautiful sans makeup.

21. lisa says:

You look beautiful without makeup! You’ve got gorgeous skin and eyes and lovely colouring–you really don’t need it. 🙂

I did a makeup-less shot for my blog a while back when I was testing the ELF makeup kit for a product review.

22. zombielace says:

Wow you look just as gorgeous without makeup as you do with! I am not going to look half as decent, but I am posting some makeupless ones of me as soon as I get home. Thanks for telling me about this :~)

23. Aya says:

This is what you look like without makeup?! LOL, maybe you should never wear any ever again 🙂

24. Carla says:

Wow, you look great! I stopped wearing makeup about a year ago (except for mascara) and I rarely miss it. I may use some lipstick and/or bronze for a special occasion, but I’m glad its no longer my norm.

25. trishdarling says:

love the no make up look on both you and Scarlet. Such pretty faces.

26. Gem says:

you look AMAZING!! i think i prefer you without makeup 🙂