May 31 2009

Goodbye Colorful Sneakers

Category: LifeEyeliah @ 6:20 pm

These Hot Pink and Purple Striped Runners found at Winners and Vintage LA Gear Gold Sneakers have been in my possession for many years.  A staple part of my casual wardrobe they have been a fun focal point of many outfits.  The reason these two pairs of shoes had made seldom if any appearances on this blog is that they have been splitting at all creases and falling apart and for a year I have been kidding myself that I could ever wear them again.  Just like my lovely buckle shoes I will remember the good times and am ready to move on.  Goodbye colorful sneakers.

I will end with a repeated question; What item that you love did you recently have to toss out of your closet?

8 Responses to “Goodbye Colorful Sneakers”

1. Alison says:

For me, it’s also sneakers. So hard for me to find a perfect pair, then I wear them to death! My last little grey and green Puma’s had to be retired this spring but they are still in the back of the closet “in case”.

2. Rachael says:

I had a pair of black satin ballet flats that I wore to death. I haven’t found a pair to replace them yet.

3. K @ Blog Goggles says:

Aw, so sad! For me, it’s always shoes. They just get destroyed with all the city walking I do here!

4. rain says:

Yeah… I have a pair of jeans… really the perfect fit, but it’s old, dirty, a couple of wholes… I intend to toss it away, but still kept them in my closet.

I remember LA Gear was really hot when I was little. I was always jealous my fellow classmates had them, and I don’t.

x

5. elena says:

a pair of black boots! i was soo soo soo sad about it but they really werent safe to wear and beyond repair anymore so that was that! but yeah i loved those boots…

6. Franca says:

I might be a bit mad, but I love it when I wear something until it falls apart and I have to throw it away. It makes me happy that I have made full use of it and I can get something new! I also love finishing off pots of cosmetics for the same reason!

at the moment I am trying to wear a pair of red trainers into the ground. The top is pretty cracked and worn already, but the sole has another few months in it!

7. Posh Swaps says:

It is always the way. When you get a pair of shoes that you really love and are really comfy, you wear them out.

I have a gorgeous pait of wooden wedge sandals from Karen Millen. I just can’t bear to part with them even though the buckle is broken.

8. Charlie says:

It’s always sad to say good bye to shoes, I can’t bear to throw things away until they are falling off my feet