May 23 2009

The Half Size Too Small Jeans

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 8:30 am

These jeans were found at a thrift store for $3, only problem is they are about a half size too small.  I can’t sit down in them too well and the gravitational zipper pull requires the Nylon Mag trick.  But I couldn’t just leave them there, as they are so close to being perfect.  Hopefully I will be able to wear them, one day…

Have you ever bought anything that was too small in the hopes you could fit into it?

_____
Suede Boots and Pink Polka Dot Top, Winners.  Thrifted Jeans.

12 Responses to “The Half Size Too Small Jeans”

1. Donna Vitan says:

Yes, I have bought something smaller and hoped that I will soon fit it. It didn’t happen for a long time… I have come to the conclusion that I shouldn’t do that nor will I do that anytime soon.

It’s better for me to find things that fit me more perfectly than worry about size.

A swim suit.
    I never did wear it.

3. rain says:

Never bought something too small, but I don’t throw away something that has become too small…I always hope I’ll fit in the future 😛 ….unfortunately it never happened..they are still too small….

4. Bianka says:

No, I never bought something too small .. at least not knowingly.
    Sometimes it happens, that I buy a jeans on ebay that should fit but then it’s a little too small. Cruel world.
    But I guess I have to try that trick, maybe I can wear some of my jeans again using this trick 🙂

5. Alan B. says:

Thx for adding me as a friend on IFB. Fit can be a matter of taste. Thom Browne is a men’s designer who goes for the ultra snug and short fit w/ suits and jackets. http://nymag.com/fashion/06/fall/19389/
    Personally, I’d rather have too tight than too loose.

For women, tight can look very hot as in the above photos.

Good blog!

6. The Clothes Horse says:

I am so guilty of this! Especially when it is secondhand and cheap.

7. Charlie says:

I think we all fall into that trap – with jeans though they usually stretch out, but if they’re already second hand then they’ve probably already done all their stretching I guess 🙁

8. Hannele says:

Yup, guilty!
    At one point, I was losing weight a little faster than expected and my newly acquired jeans were getting baggy already. Talk about frustrating, especially since I got them in three shades… so now when I buy jeans and I’m in the midst of losing some weight, I’ll get the ones I need to literally squeeze into. It usually works out fine, until winter…

9. Hannele says:

Forgot to mention, and because I’m used to seeing and working with denim, you look fantastic in those!!! I wouldn’t have guessed there was anything off 🙂

10. K @ Blog Goggles says:

I do it all the time. You’re lucky that it’s denim, at least. Just keep wearing it for a while and it’ll probably stretch!

11. Kate & Zena says:

Ha ha, it is really hard to find something that is too small for me. I’m a natural size zero in bottoms and a small/medium for shirts.

12. Norlyn says:

I agree, denim should give a little after wearing it. Maybe tweak the softener a bit?
    Wish I could see the boots better, though… you could submit to our Blue Jeans competitions, this could be a winner – so fit, I like it.
    Norlyn