Apr 21 2009

Should Be My Own Best Friend

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 6:00 pm

Camera is in the shop, wedding ring might be history, but I have Cold War Kids tonight (what to wear?) so I’m still happy – promise.  Here is another week old outfit.  I really love these orange tights, I know many people are not fans and I am okay with that.  I cannot dress for others and their aesthetics, that is too exhausting!  And really, one can never please everyone so I focus on pleasing myself.  When new trends surface, if I like it I will go for it, but if I don’t no way.  I have to say I am not a fan of the boater hat and please go right ahead if you like it, it’s just not for me.  I saw one in the thrift store on the weekend, but I had no interest so I left it for the next gal.  I feel the same about harem pants and the return of acid wash!  But then of course there are trends that I do enjoy, like colored tights (as above, see you thought I was rambling), 90s dresses, 80s belts and gladiator sandals.  I hope you feel the same way and dress for yourself, walk tall and just not give a crap!

_____
Sweater Vest, Le Chateau. Vintage Orange Tights & Poet Blouse, Ebay. Thrifted Plaid Skirt and Loafers.

10 Responses to “Should Be My Own Best Friend”

1. Karen says:

i love your kilt like skirt, i have one very similar and i love it!

if you are in vancouver may 1, 2 or 3 be sure to check out Make It!
    there is more info on my blog if youre interested 🙂

2. Hannele says:

That is why I visit you. You are yourself and no one else 🙂 so kudos

3. Andreajoanne says:

Well said regarding dressing to please yourself. If everyone stopped worrying what other people thought about the way they looked and what they were wearing the world would be a more colourful place. P.S. Love your style!

4. elena says:

i think more people should dress to please themselves! but from the media you’d think it was to impress others so i think we have a ways to go before young girls learn to find their own style and become women that dress to please themselves! i’m sure your blog and others like it are helping tons of women see that they too can find what they like and not be a cookie cutout of someone else! thank you for being a stylish confident woman that shares her viewpoints and supports other women to do the same!!

5. Wanderlusting says:

I need your bravado – I dress to please myself too, just with the whole disabled foot thing, it can be hard to shun that (btw you’ve never noticed because you’ve never seen my bare feet 😉 but you will!) – Oh and I love those tights! I just ordered pale yellow ones which some may hate but I will love!

6. Cammila says:

This is a little random, but I only just noticed how cute your glasses are. I love your frames! They’re a little bit cat’s-eye-vintage, and a little bit sexy-librarian. 😉

7. Eyeliah says:

Thanks everyone, I am glad you feel this way too! It is also so helpful that this community is full of positive people for validation. 🙂

8. ambika says:

Love the preppy look & those tights are fab.

9. Rachael says:

Love love love the vest!

10. Mom says:

I love the school girl look and agree with Cammila RE: the sexy librarian look…