Apr 14 2009

A Definition of Irony

Category: LifeEyeliah @ 8:10 pm

I decide to no longer purchase Nylon magazine, most the articles read like ads, so many grammatical errors and they just put  Lindsay Lohan on the cover.  Then I get an issue in the mail, the first of a year long free subscription.

I signed up for the free year back in December but since gave up when for months I never received a mag.  And of course it starts with the Lindsay Lohan issue.  Maybe I’m the odd man out, do you still like Nylon?

9 Responses to “A Definition of Irony”

1. marta says:

I mostly like the ads and sometimes the fashion spreads. I think that magazine doesn’t say much, maybe is just me who thinks that way.

2. hillary says:

I decided I am too damn old for that mag. I have a subscription as well. I don’t even read it.

3. Anabela says:

I buy it sometimes to flip through on the subway, but I take it with a grain of salt these days. I have a box filled with every issue from about 2001-2004 and I thought about getting rid of it, but I don’t have the heart.

4. Michelle says:

Ironically enough, my brother bought me a subscription for Christmas, so I’m getting it for a year whether I like it or not 😉 I like to flip through it sometimes, but a lot of the time it makes me want to rip my hair out honestly. I’ve found it’s best to just look at whatever pretty pictures there are (since sometimes it tries too hard to be avant-garde-grungy or something?) and not read the writing haha.

I haven’t liked it for about a year. I have a stock pile of older copies that I love, but lately there has been too much in them that I do not like. I hate all the 80’s throw back clothes with a passion, and that seems to be the main focus recently. When I move I am going to subscribe to Bust, I love reading every single thing in that mag.

6. eyeliah says:

I am seriously so glad to know I am not the only one. 🙂

7. najeema says:

I never quite got the hype about Nylon. I recently got a trial subscription and was even more turned off. You are definitely not the only one!

8. april says:

nylon used to be a really good magazine. it was relevant at one point, but in my opinion it’s sucked hard for at least 6 years, maybe even more. i was in denial for a few years, hoping it would get good again, but it never did. such a shame!

9. yooni says:

I hated that issue, so much. I don’t like the “it girls” they glorify. I hate reading about Lindsay Lohan and Peaches Geldof. That issue was such a waste of money. It’s a good thing you didn’t have to pay for it.