Feb 20 2009

Red Eye Makeup Yay or Nay

Category: InspirationEyeliah @ 11:45 am

For months I have been daydreaming about wearing red eyeshadow and I have been contemplating the Lime Crime Magic Dust in Siren. I’m just not so sure how it might look, I had even sent a request to Doe Deere requesting she do a tutorial with the product.
Red eye makeup could make me creepy like the walking dead or something. But now that this girl on Easy Fashion pulled it off so well I am more convinced it’s worth an attempt.

Have you ever worn red eye makeup? Would you consider it?

31 Responses to “Red Eye Makeup Yay or Nay”

1. marta says:

I haven’t tried red yet and chances are I will never try it, but it could look good on you.

2. belle fantaisie says:

I used to wear it when I was 14 and a bit of an ’emo goth’ thing! I think it can look good when used with others to blend into but sometimes it can just look like you have sore eyes!
    x

3. Mo says:

I don’t think I could ever do red eye makeup – I have dry/red eyes already and I don’t think I’d want to exacerbate that! (I try to avoid wearing a lot of eye makeup for this reason). But it does look fab on the girl in the photo…it’s probably worth a try! If you don’t like it, at least it washes off!

4. Jasmin says:

I love wearing red eye makeup, but I like to pair it with a nude lip. It seems a bit too much with both a red lip and eyes. good post!

5. Hannele says:

Looks great on the girl pictured. Then again, a real good night of sleep is a good complement to the look.
    I usually get the desired effect with a little bit of dark peachy pink shimmer on upper and lower lids, don’t forget the dark liner. Looks great on green eyes!

6. gilda says:

there was a time when i was obsessed. mac had one of their red glitter pots before and i used that EVERYWHERE (and no i’m no goth.) haha.

I really like the red on that girl, though I agree with Jasmin about the nude lips. I wouldn’t mind trying it. I like pink for eyes and blush colors.

8. Pony says:

I think red eyeshadow would be stunning. I’ve never worn it, but then, I’ve never found any!

& I definitely think you could pull it off!

9. Audi says:

I think I’d rather get red eyes the old fashioned way — by staying out all night drinking. 😉

10. hillary says:

might I suggest this. That way you could try any color your heart desires on the cheap! I have the shimmer version and the matte one of these and its so fantastic. I am also a mac addict but at 14 a piece if you hate a color your out 14 this is 20 for 88 colors. Wet they are so fantastic as a fun eyeliner too!

11. Gem says:

i really want to get some Lime Crime eyeshadow… maybe next pay day. I don’t know if I could pull off red, though.

12. Eyeliah says:

Wow thanks so much all for your thoughts. 🙂

13. Katharine says:

I’ve worn it, and I’ve seen it worn, and frankly, it doesn’t work on the street. Looks great in the mirror, and, as above, in arty photos, but just walking by? It’s like white false lashes, you turn around thinking “Holy #### what the #### is wrong with that poor woman??? Oh. Really stupid makeup. Right.”

14. Katie from ZombieLace says:

Wow, all I know is that I love it!! It looks great on this model, but I don’t think I’d wear it myself, I think you have to have the perfect eye shape and coloring and I might come off really bleary eyed or something… but if you try it more power to you!

15. Lyra says:

I’ve tried it and loved it. Personally I think it really works paired with black eyeliner to make it look less heroin-chic. 😉

16. The Clothes Horse says:

I SO want to try this!

17. Ashe Mischief says:

I actually have the red Siren shadow from Lime Crime (I reviewed it on my blog). I found with the other colors I wore it ended up more red-orange, but was surprisingly easy to wear… maybe I need to try it out more and see how else I can wear it.

18. Fred the Mole says:

Could you please credit the picture to Easy Fashion Paris
    It’s not very fair to use it to promote your blog on IFB …

Fred the Mole

19. Eyeliah says:

It was credited and linked to your post!! I would never steal a picture.  I will also link where I wrote “this girl on Easy Fashion”.   🙂

20. Eyeliah says:

What forget it, last time I linked one of your posts here
    in a similar way and you had no problem??

21. J says:

I love and want to try it! I agree with who said keep the lip nude, or perhaps glossy, but not red! Heroin chic or with liner is fine by me.

22. Debutante Clothing says:

IFB – Links à la Mode 2/27

A Few Goody GumDrops – A Few Goody Gumdrops and Chickdowntown.com are giving away a pair of Current Elliott Boyfriend Jeans! So…Girlfriend,Enter to Win!! alixrose – Interview with Monika Dasai, CEO of Sole Envie, on how her company will…

23. Amanda says:

I’ve been looking everywhere for red eyeshadow. I think it look awesome if done right. If you find a good site, please let me know!

24. Pattie says:

I LOVE red eyeshadow, but am wondering if you took the plunge or passed? ^__^

25. April says:

I bought this eyeshadow to go with my queen of hearts costume past Halloween the color looks great even on me and I have more of an olive skintone. It is a bit bright for everyday use though I have had a hard time finding an everyday/evening outfit that really complimented the makeup.

26. chewie says:

hi i normally wont touch blue red makeup colors.This is due to my skin tone being yellow base. I do use red eyeshadows , red lipstick but i make sure there are orange red base. This model with blue base makeup colors are pretty cos of her pale skin color.

27. Joy says:

It looks OK to hazel/brown and darkbrown eyes, but looks scary to blue eyes. Just my opinion

28. Christy says:

If you have blue eyes, red eyeliner or eyeshadow makes them look even bluer by contrast. But if you’ve got bloodshot/dry eyes already, I’d use some eye drops first, otherwise you look a little scary.

29. Theresa says:

I think Red is a YAY in some circumstances and if you right it right. I would almost always accompany red eye shadow with another color if not black eyeliner. This way it doesn’t look like you haven’t slept for a week. If you’re doing red lips down play the red lids.

30. Raven says:

I wear re eye shadow all the time and always get compliments on the way it looks. It makes you feel fierce and powerful when you wear it. Take a chance. If you don’t like, you don’t have to wear it. Easy as that. 🙂