Jan 20 2009

Comment Replies and Pocket Watches

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 1:00 pm

ByHillary inspired me to diy a pocket watch strap, I used my favorite little locket. The rest of the look came together quickly. Sorry these pictures are dark, as you can see The Fog is still large and in charge in my neighborhood.
I went back to ByHillary today to link her ‘I Like a Vest‘ post and I noticed she had responded to mine, as well as everyone else’s comments.  This brought me back to a question that has been sitting in my mind.  I have never replied too much to comments in this blog excluding specific questions, as I didn’t really think people came back to read through the feeds.  Any opinions on this?  It’s something I notice StrawberryKitten always does as well but I’ve rarely gone back to a feed once I leave a comment, so I don’t even know I’m being replied to.  Do you all read through comments again once you left yours?  Would you look forward to comment replies from me? 😉

Thrifted Brown Turtleneck, Brown Tweed Vest ($5), Red Plaid Skirt, Locket and Mens Loafers.  Hue Fishnet Tights.  Brown Kneesocks, The Bay.

7 Responses to “Comment Replies and Pocket Watches”

1. hillary says:

Well I think of it as saying thank you in a way. Me saying yes I read what you said. Also my blog at least and most I read have an option to “notify when comment is replied to” so I always subscribe to those.
    So yes I check for replies if I said something of note. I also like to let people know I appreciate their visit.

And thanks for the link!

2. Eyeliah says:

Thanks Hillary, yeah I have seen those buttons about replies. And those are definitely some good reasons to do it. 🙂

3. thefashionmaven says:

i was wondering the same thing but more specifically, “do people think i’m an ass for not responding to comments – the ones that are statements and not questions- and therefore never return to my blog? what’s the etiquette?”

if i leave a question for somebody they usually respond on MY blog in a comment to me – not on theirs, so i never go back and re-visit those comments.

once i made the mistake of somehow clicking the button to get ALL comments on a post sent to me (on someone’s blog who gets A LOT of comments, mind you) and i got about 60 comments sent to my email that other people had left about that post….. so don’t do that!

i generally just figure it all evens out in the end. someone comments on my blog then i comment on theirs… it’s like gift giving for me and i don’t keep tabs. just because i gives someone one doesn’t mean they are obliged to run out and reciprocate and vice versa.

4. Shay says:

I only go back to a comment if I’ve asked a question, because I wanna know!

5. Arredeere says:

yo, stylesymmetry.com great name for site)))

6. phithNapFep says:

stylesymmetry.com – cooooolest domain name)))
    ————————