Oct 25 2008

Getting To Know You!

Category: ProjectsEyeliah @ 11:00 am

I want to get to know YOU Better!   Pretty please fill out answers in the comments!!! Would love to get to know you all better even if filled out anonymously.  Come on, you’re here anyway. 🙂
Thanks to Discotheque Confusion.

style icon:
food:
book:
film:
designer:
model:
band:
current city:
city:
your style:
your projects:
where do you see yourself in five years?
perfect day:
current job:
dream job:

28 Responses to “Getting To Know You!”

1. Rox says:

style icon: Katharine Hepburn

food: Cheese

book: Cities of the Red Night (Burroughs) / A Clockwork Orange (Burgess)

film: I have too many 😛

designer: I presume you are talking about fashion, so I’ll say Betsey Johnson… outside of fashion, I love the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh

model: There are some lovely girls out there but they all sort of blend together in my brain, so it’d be hard to put a name to a face. So, none!

band: Too many, again – but to give an idea my tastes range from the Dead Kennedys – Pulp – Cab Calloway

current city: Not San Francisco 🙁

city: San Francisco

your style: I’m still unsure if I even have one?

your projects: Mostly designing things in my secret lab 😛

where do you see yourself in five years? Living in San Francisco with my man, laughing about the time I lived where I am now 😛 – and hopefully also the head of a reasonably successful design company

perfect day: It would involve meeting nice people, good food, some sort of entertaining element, and possibly me completing one of my “projects”

current job: web/graphic design

dream job: Doing anything (even scrubbing toilets) on a lunar space station… (no really!)

2. Eleh says:

OMG… sans the glasses, you look like Suri Cruise. such beauty! you sure are!

3. miss woo says:

Okeys, I copy and paste my answers from stevie’s blog.

style icon: Valentine Fillol Cordier, Anna Karina

food: Everything

model: VFC. Daul Kim. Kate Moss. Lara Stone

perfume: Daisy by MJ

book: F.Scott Fitzgerald, Evelyn Waugh, Paul Auster, and copious amount of Sci Fi

film: Chrsitiane F. Performance. Finding Nemo

designer: Charles Anastase this season.

band: Wire

city: Paris/London

your style: Messy

shop: H&M, TopShop, AA

where do you see yourself in five years? 27

perfect day: Picnic, sun, cat

current job: Student translator

dream job: not doing legal translation ever again.

4. Quincy says:

Hi, it’s my first time visiting your blog, I really like it! I’d love for you to check out mine! :o)

style icon: Audrey Hepburn, Jean Seberg
    food: all breakfast foods!
    book: Rebecca
    film: The Notebook, I love watching all classic films
    designer: Chloe
    model: Agnes Dean
    band: Coldplay
    city: Paris
    your style: vintage mixture…lol
    your projects: sewing
    where do you see yourself in five years? Hopefully with my own clothing shop
    perfect day: pancakes, a walk in the woods, hanging with my hubby
    current job: ebay seller
    dream job: designer

5. Gem says:

Hmm, these questions are kind of hard for me to answer, but i’ll try.

style icon: don’t really have one

food: vegetarian thai green curry

book: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

film: The Rules of Attraction (based on the novel by Bret Easton Ellis)

designer: not really into designer stuff

model: ummm i dunno

band: The Dresden Dolls. always.

current city: Sunshine Coast, Australia

city: um probably Brisbane

your style: no idea how to describe it…

your projects: currently working on 2 novels

where do you see yourself in five years? working at a magazine, or blogging full-time, with at least one novel published.

perfect day: sleeping in with my boy, then a late breakfast of pancakes, a leisurely bushwalk, and cuddled up on the couch together in the late afternoon watching a dvd.

current job: bakery shop assistant

dream job: bestselling author 😀

6. yb says:

style icons: audrey hepburn, jackie o. and frida khalo

food: bacon and eggs

book: a fine balance

film: valentin

designer: not so much into designers…

model: not so much into models…

band: not so much into bands…

current city: san jose, ca

city: nyc

your style: random!

your projects: finding the perfect chandelier and wall hanging for my living room

where do you see yourself in five years? married and employed

perfect day: early rise, hot steamy shower, good coffee, and a leisurely walk. oh and the day would have to be overcast and cool with light showers. i love autumn. and i would have bake some cookies too!

current job: none

dream job: hi tech hr mng

7. Charlotte says:

style icon(s): Carrie Bradshaw (Yes, Carrie not Sarah Jessica Parker), Agyness Deyn, Agathe Bjornsdatter,
    food: chocolate and self cooked food
    book: Anna Karenina (Tolstoi)
    film:
    designer: everything from Chanel, but also Esther Perbandt
    model:
    band:
    current city: Vienna
    city: New York…city of my dreams
    your style: I love experiments with shapes. I don’t love wearing to much colours. (I don’t love colours when I’m wearing them by my own, but I love people beeing dressed colourful)
    your projects: getting a new interesting job
    where do you see yourself in five years? design architect in New York
    perfect day: flying to another capital/big city in the morning, doing an interesting (building) project till afternoon, going thrift-shopping with a friend in the evening, having party with my friends at night
    current job: architect…but not a good job
    dream job: design architect …like Zaha Hadid

8. tina says:

style icon: Audrey Hepburn; Kate Moss
    food: Anything I cook (I make gourmet health food)
    book: Siddhartha; Treasure Island; Battlefield Earth
    film: Breakfast at Tiffany’s; Umbrellas of Cherberbourg;The Yellow Submarine
    designer: Pucci; Versace;
    model:Kate Moss
    band: The Beatles
    current city: a tourist town in the USA (Yuck!)
    city: Monte Carlo; Paris: Venice: Florence
    your style: fun clothes
    your projects: Making a movie
    where do you see yourself in five years? Movie finished.
    perfect day: any day in Venice is perfect
    current job: design
    dream job: Movie director

9. Lisa says:

style icon: Karla deras
    food: pasta
    book: anything Jane austen
    film: Pride&predjudice
    designer: marc jacobs, chanel
    model: Kate moss
    band: Keane
    current city: Noordwijk
    city: London
    your style: girly, Mix of everything
    your projects: Finding more perfect vintage pieces
    where do you see yourself in five years? living in my favorite place in the world london and def. doing something in fashion
    perfect day: Sleep late, dress, shopping with friends and go clubbing with my friends in the evening
    current job: Still at school
    dream job: Stylist, something at vogue, teenvogue

10. Lavender says:

style icon: Molly Ringwald
    food: sushi
    book: Brideshead Revisited
    film: Amelie
    designer: Chanel
    model: Aggy
    band: The Beatles
    current city: Brisbane
    city: Amsterdam
    your style: thrifty and easily bored
    your projects: this year I want to learn to crochet
    where do you see yourself in five years? 34
    perfect day: antique stores and ice cream
    current job: communications
    dream job: best selling author

11. Katharine says:

style icon: Anna Piaggi
    food: I love all real food, but cakes and baking are my favourite
    book: which one of the three thousand? A lot of F/SF by female authors (Le Guin, Gentle); vintage mystery (Sayers, Allingham, Tey); autobiographical essays (MFK Fisher, Didion); also history, theatre, grammar, design, everything else
    film: Jim Jarmusch – Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
    designer: Don’t know enough about individual designers to say. I like Issey Miyake and Comme des Garcons
    model: Again, don’t really know enough about them. The only one I recognised and sort of “looked for”, ever, has been Devon Aoki, who has a fascinating face.
    band: Am liking Laura Marling and Tom Waits right now.
    current city: a burg in SW Ontario
    city: Maybe London, England, if it wasn’t so damn expensive. Every time I’ve gone there I can barely eat if I remember the exchange rate and that my “simple pub meal” is costing me well over thirty dollars.
    your style: Odd, yet comfortable. I don’t wear shoes I can’t walk in, or clothes that itch.
    your projects: I just finished a pair of steampunk goggles to wear for Halloween. I’m learning to paint… splotchy portraits. I study movement work and clown.
    where do you see yourself in five years? older than I would like.
    perfect day: all creative time, with no housework, no stupid job, and someone else bringing me nice meals at intervals.
    current job: Graphic design and ad layout
    dream job: Writer, actor, artist – and getting paid for all of those

12. erindyan says:

style icon: The Olsen Twins. I know I know. But I love them. Just got their new book today and I can’t wait to dive in. And Coco Chanel, of course.

food: Depends on the day! I love Japanese hibachi style, and I love Italian, And I love love love sweets. I eat a largely vegetarian diet, but am NOT vegetarian. I eat meat maybe 3 out of 21 meals a week.

book: Fiction = The Time Travelers Wife. Nonfiction= If Only, by Geri Halliwell

film:

designer: I loved Jovovich Hawke. I love Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, Zac Posen and John Galliano

model: I don’t really have a favorite. I love redheads though.

band: The Cure

current city: Dallas

city: Dallas

your style: Dresses, dresses, dresses, boots and a the occasional jean

your projects: I make jewelry, opening an etsy shop soon, and I paint.

where do you see yourself in five years? Hopefully in one of the townhomes off the bar district.

perfect day: Sleeping late, breakfast in bed, watching a movie in bed, getting up and out for lunch, thrift shopping, a movie, a nap, dinner and dancing.

current job: I work in education

dream job: Jewelry designer or stylist

13. Lady Smaggle says:

style icon – Daphne Guiness
    food – salad
    book – DV Diana Vreeland
    film – Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
    designer – Vivienne Westwood
    Model – kate
    band – Sigur ros
    current city – Canberra, Australia
    style – dresses, jewellery, killer shoes
    projects – wedding, play and art school applications
    five years time – living in a kick but apartment with Mr Smaggle, making jewellery, acting in art house films and being the editor of Belle Armour magazine
    Perfect day – a movie, a bike ride, a picnic, dinner with friends, board games, red wine and chocolate
    Current job – glorified office whore
    Dream job – magazine editor, actress, jewellery designer

14. thefashionmaven says:

style icon: nancy drew
    food: potatoes cooked any way, any day
    book: lamb by christopher moore
    film: can’t pick just one – royal tennenbaums, say anything, lost in translation, vanilla sky, breakfast at tiffany’s
    designer: chloe, karl lagerfeld, marc jacobs
    model: agnes dean & christy turlington & kate moss
    band: minus the bear, (old) u2, the cardigans
    city: i’m tempted to say paris but i haven’t actually been so i guess i’ll say florence – good memories
    your style: alot of school girl mixed with granny style and an occasional outburst of hippie chic
    your projects: decorating my new apt, putting together a family photo album
    where do you see yourself in five years? right now, i have no clue
    perfect day: sleep til 9am, yoga, brunch at the chicago diner, mimosas and frisbee in park with dog, boyfriend and friends, time alone to sew/scrapbook/shop/paint/thrift/read fashion magazines, nap, plenty of time to get ready and look fabulous, swanky dinner at lush, backyard bonfire party under the stars with friends (smores!) and curl up on the couch with a good movie and cozy blanket, sleep with sweet dreams
    current job: yoga instructor
    dream job: yoga designer, professional crafter/advice giver

15. Aisha says:

Oh, this seems fun!

style icon: Daisy Lowe
    food: Peruvian food (;
    book: The bad girl (Mario Vargas Llosa)
    film: Juno
    designer: Alexander Wang
    model: Irina Lazareanu
    band: The beatles
    current city: Lima
    city: London
    your style: I try to mix and try everything, but it’s mostly very simple and laidback.
    your projects: I’m very involved at the moment with making other life’s better. I study development communications and want to make a change in the society I live, I know I can’t change it on my own, but I wanna contribute for the better.
    where do you see yourself in five years? Working crazily.
    perfect day: It hasn’t got to be sunny, I prefer cold/grey days. Eating cookies on the grass while hearing twee pop and talking to people I like.
    current job: University student
    dream job: I love what I’m studying, so I have to say that working in my career would be my dream job.

16. Rachael says:

style icon: pee wee herman, bjork
    food: anything but offal
    book: the secret history – donna tartt, the magus – john fowles, jitterbug perfume – tom robbins,

film: ghost world, art school confidential, team america, baraka
    designer: vivienne westwood,
    model: miranda kerr – just because she’s so pretty
    band: mgmt, the presets
    current city: melbourne
    city: melbourne
    your style: I really couldn’t say, maybe check out my blog and decide?
    your projects: way too many to list, but all design related and involving revamping vintage stuff amongst other things
    where do you see yourself in five years? i don’t feel like pondering that right now.
    perfect day: dancing in the sunshine
    current job: retail
    dream job: queen of the world or i’d settle for any kind of design position.

17. vancouverista says:

style icon: Jackie O, The Olsens, Daphne Guinness, Kate Moss, and my dear friend Lucy

food: sushi, dim sum, mashed potatoes and chocolate pudding! (well, chocolate anything)

book: anything by John Irving, esp. Hotel New Hampshire

film: Clueless, Empire Records, Marie Antionette, anything that transfixes me and puts me in another world

designer: it changes season to season but…chloe, anna sui, betsey johnson, givenchy…

model: Coco Rocha (cause she’s from Van) and KATE MOSS OF COURSE

band: THE BEATLES.

current city: Vancouver

city: Barcelona, Athens

your style: hippie/goth/rock/girly girl?

your projects: writing a novel and being in love

where do you see yourself in five years?: NO IDEA hopefully still alive?

perfect day: hot, sunny day at the beach with my love and all my best friends

current job: office drone

band: The Beatles
    current city: Las Vegas glitznglamour
    city: San Francisco
    your style: Neon Disco Librarian
    your projects: Blog, book, photography
    where do you see yourself in five years? Librarian in San Francisco or LA
    perfect day: Sundays waking up late to have a hearty breakfast, then to the park with my boy, some reading, lots of lounging.
    current job: Assistant Librarian
    dream job: Cloud photographer.

19. niki says:

style icon: zooey deschanel
    food: brie cheese
    book: everything is illuminated
    film: cabaret
    designer: luella, erin featherston
    model: irina lazareanu
    band: lavender diamond, the rolling stones
    current city: urbana, il
    city: chicago, il
    your style: lots of ruffles and big sleeves and hair bows
    your projects: altering thrift store finds, drawing daily and the never ending quest for perfect music
    where do you see yourself in five years?
    perfect day: late breakfast, thrifting for hours, playing with my puppy and then a house party.
    current job: costume design student
    dream job: costume designer, stylist

ps. just came across your blog–love it!

20. vancouverista says:

I changed my vote for favourite book. After filling this out I thought about it more and I decided it is actually A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.

21. marta says:

I answered just for the fun of it

Style Icon: There are so many. I like Marilyn Monroe, she was so beautiful
    Food: Pizza. I wish I could eat it more often. I like Latin food a lot.
    Book: None in particular. I like thrillers.
    Film: So many! Really. I watch too many movies.
    Designer: I can’t pick a favorite because I can’t afford their clothes.
    Model: All of them. They’re beautiful!
    Band: I’m not into bands
    Current city: Boston
    City: NYC or LA only if I’m rich. I would not like to struggle in those cities.
    Your style: I wish I had style
    Your projects: To finish the best script ever for a Spanish soap opera (ha-ha)
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I don’t know, nothing is certain.
    Perfect day: eating homemade food w/ my brother and my mom
    Current job: Very boring, so not what I want but it’s okay for now. It is not the worse.
    Dream job: I don’t really have one (I don’t really like working).

22. Christie says:

style icon: Zooey Deschanel, Kate Moss and Audrey Hepburn
    food: veggie maki, popcorn, pizza, anything made by a friend
    book: Gone with the Wind.
    film: Breakfast at Tiffanys. Gone with the Wind. Run Lola Run
    designer: Prada. Kitchen Orange. Escada. I guess they’re brands, not designers.
    model: Zooey Deschanel.
    band: That really depends on the day
    current city: Vancouver
    city: Vancouver, Lausanne, or Whistler
    your style: Christie
    your projects: writing, learning languages, decorating my space, cooking, loving
    where do you see yourself in five years? I can’t even think of where I see myself in 2 months.
    perfect day: Breakfast in bed with the boy I like, coffee, going to look at some art, shopping in funky boutiques, a nice lunch, nap with the boy, coffee on a patio, making dinner and enjoying some wine with friends.
    current job: Reception
    dream job: Writer? Social Worker? Web Designer?

23. ak says:

style icon: don’t have one
    food: cheese
    book: 1984

film: fight club
    designer: don’t have one
    model: ditto
    band: nofx
    current city: ottawa
    city: paris
    your style: simple, lots of black, but always with a twist
    your projects: getting into grad school
    where do you see yourself in five years? in europe somewhere
    perfect day: one where i get to relax and not worry about anything
    current job: student
    dream job: journalist / academic.

24. satBoogmalilt says:

stylesymmetry.com – now in my rss reader)))

25. Jorkatret says:

Hello, I can’t understand how to add your blog ( stylesymmetry.com ) in my rss reader
    ————————

26. phithNapFep says:

stylesymmetry.com – now in my rss reader)))
    ————————
    ads: http://cigace.ru/

27. Suzanne says:

I am a new jewelry designer who launched my collection a couple of months ago. My inspiration came when I got a dachshund named “Ellie”. She changed my life and so I began my search for fine jewelry with a dog theme still fashionable and edgy and I couldn’t find anything… hence I created Diamond Dog New York. My jewelry collection is set in solid 18k with hand-set Pave’ Diamonds, Sapphires and Onyx. Made in New York.

Thanks and have a great day.

Best,

28. Opti says:

Желательно написать что-то под таким постом, выразить свое мнение… но писать банальности или односложные фразы – желания нет, измышления же какие-либо здесь будут неуместны… потому что всё уже сказано.
    Поэтому я скажу просто